Agnostic.com

12 3

Psychedelics?

What is everyone's point of view on psychedelics like acid, mushrooms, and DMT? Have you ever experienced any?

ImperatorCruor 4 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a blast! Drove my VW bug upside down through a small coastal town on my honeymoon ...kept wondering why I didn’t see sparks in the rearview mirror? The shroom experience was a blast, too - fresh from the coastal cow piles of Tillamook! My cousin’s saltwater tank never looked so ..Spectacular! Honestly, if I could get my hands on….

Varn Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

As long as your not a danger to yourself or others who cares what one does to their own mind or body

Shrooms..and acid are fine in safe settings..and moderation...

Never had DMT, but acid and shrooms yes.
It's been a very long time since I've had either, bit if I was to do either now it would be mushrooms.
I just don't trust the chemicals anymore like I did in the 80's.

I did enjoy them back in the day though. We'd get a few of us together and make a night of it. 😀

Don't take acid and go to a GWAR show!

My opinion is basically wha tI learned in college while getting my 2 year degree in Addiction Studies.

First of all, all psychoactive drugs are toxic and poison. Not figuratively, but literally. The "high" you get is a part of how your body reacts tot he poison. Most native cultures who utilized psychedelics did so ritually and on special occasions. It was not something done on a regular basis, Why? Because regular use of psychedelics almost always results in "bad trips" or negative experiences as part of hte high.

Nobody ever has the exact same reaction to any drug, as there are alwasy variations due to the person's genetid makeup, body weight and fat to muscle ratio (if drug is not lipid (fat) soluble). It also depends on diet, and how often you use mind altering chemicals. Every drug you ever use leaves a very small residual amount in your body. If you take drug often, then you likely have cumulative amounts of chemicals stored in your cells. If the drug is lipid (fate) soluble, then soem drugs can be stored in our fat cells and released later when you burn off fat.

With regular use, all psychoactive drugs will change how your brain functions over time. Ecstasy, will literally put holes in your brain.

If you insist on using psychedelics, I suggest you take a cues from native tribes who used them only once a season. If they realized without advanced science that it was best to limit use in such a way, than I'd say that the knowledge was easily gained through observation and trial and error alone, which means their moderate use was the result of what was pretty obvious. I woudl suggest you follow their wisdom if you insist on using drugs.

No thanks, I'm straight.

In the order they came into my life

Mushrooms: Tried them 3 times, all in uncomfortable circumstances while i was dealing with heavy depression. I will say this, the first time i took them i realized that i could learn for myself, because i wanted to and not for anyone else, and that it was worth improving my life, or i would continue to suffer.

DMT: Smoked it once, super fun, way too expensive and not worth the risk IMO. I would recommend Ayahuasca if you want to go that route.

Acid: Tried it 10ish times in the last year or so, by myself, after praying and lighting candles and incense and playing soft music and turning off all the electronics and it was really fun most of the time and was very refreshing, helping me to curb some of my depression. I personally found that i didn't want to be around people or electronics on it.

I would recommend for ALL of the mentioned drugs that you never, ever do them unless you're alone, or with other people who are also on those drugs or are experienced with those drugs, in a setting where you feel safe. I also personally found that these drugs helped me to cope with a history of parental emotional abuse and manipulation. I honestly did not ever feel 'good' in my entire life until i tried marijuana for the first time at 18.

Acid? A really long time ago multiple times. If I did them today I am pretty sure I would not like them. I do however plan to take a trip to Peru and I would like to do Ayahuasca as a spiritual trip.

i'm literally doing just that in 3 weeks. 😀

A powerful tool and a dangerous friend

When I was in grad school. Those were my drug days. I've done LSD several times. Learned that I had to eat before taking acid. It gives me heartburn otherwise. Acid was ok, it was visual color streaks and blurs mostly. Mushrooms tasted nasty and had the same effects as acid, but they're organic. I'd definitely do them again. I've never done DMT. I didn't need anything affecting my visuals, so I didn't do that much. Speed was more of the drug of choice for me at the time.

I played around with making a number of these halucinogenic substances during my student days in the early 60's, long before anyone thought of making them illegal. I must admit that after a couple of episodes of getting high as a kite from just the faintest of fumes, I decided to keep quite clear of actually imbibing any, and just gave my production to friends.

I had DMT as Ayahuasca in the Amazon, from me it was mostly vomiting and crapping, so not a recreational drug.
Acid was very pleasant for me, but i was in a good head space with friends the few times i used it, i've heard stories of bad trips. but i think if your not nervous and in a good mood you should be fine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.