Agnostic.com

4 0

Sleep is of ancient origin, even the invertebrates enjoy periods of slumber. There is this theory that sleep was the first state of life on this planet and it was from sleep that wakefulness emerged. What do you think about the theory ? Seems preposterous but sleep scientist give a chance .

Brownape 4 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have discussed this with a friend who is well-read on evolutionary matters (he has met with Richard Dawkins twice, or has Richard met my friend?) and he (my friend) suggested that the state of being asleep may be the 'natural state of living things'. I think he may have a point in as much as if it were true then the ability to 'wake up' would presumably give us, as a population, more opportunities to reproduce and therefore it would confer an evolutionary advantage. It proves nothing but the more I think about early evolution and where we ultimately came from the more it makes sense - I think!

‘ natural way of living things ‘ interesting!! Mathew Walker in his book ‘ why do we sleep ‘ has some strong points argue for it .

The planet would have been better off if humanity had remained asleep.

That's deep.

We can spend a lot of time in the sleep state. When I am under the weather its all I want to do-lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.