Agnostic.com

2 0

Got any gun owners?

What does this really mean to you?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

ThomasLevi 6 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, but we need change.

We have different classifications of licenses for cars. You get your basic license after some training and can only drive cars.

Want a motorcycle, more training

A semi, you need a cdl, you need different qualifications for different loads.

Now to guns. I find it stupid that you can buy a gun at 18, but not a beer. The argument could be made in either direction though.

I think to start you should only have a 22 bolt action. With different "levels" of guns more required training. I would even go to the point that if you've been in the service/reserves that you should be able to own the gun you were trained on.

At a certain level we need periodic psych evaluations, a list of crimes that make you ineligible(like domestic abuse), ban in person selling(treat it like buying them online, have to go through a dealer), force background checks, change the way background checks work to be more effective and I'm sure there are things I forgot.

I am opposed to most nra talking points

i have been shooting for 60 years currently shoot 22 38 45 and 410 at modern skeet anf IO have never been a member of the NRA as I do not agree with their stand on many many points they make.
What are you shooting?

I do not own a gun, I think guns are a problem and I think America has a very unhealthy attitude towards guns and gun ownership. I think the 2nd amendment is pretty clear and I think the NRA has become the #1 problem with gun violence but that didn't start until the 80's when the whole focus of the NRA changed almost 100%.
To be clear, I agree with the right to bare arms, I actually support conceal and carry, I would much rather have Air Marshals with guns on planes than the entirety of the TSA, which I think is as big a problem in this country as the NRA where it comes to convoluting personal rights and government interference but from opposite side.
I think all gun owners must show current and updated proof of training in the use of their gun. I also think each county should have a registered militia and each gun owned should be registered to one one for that was the purpose of the 2nd amendment.
I also think fingerprint locks should be a requirement on all new gun purchases and a strong suggestion to have other guns be fitted with them if they are able.
I think anyone who owns a gun for self defense is just asking for trouble and there are a lot of dead children and family and friends from accidental gun shots to make my point.
I have no problem with people owning guns but I have a huge problem with the whole attitude about gun rights and just how badly bastardized the the 2nd. amendment has been used to protect nut jobs and to not only condone but to promote gun violence.

I have avocated for finger print triggers ever since they became available. Anyone owning a gun for self defense would probably be killed by an intruder before they could make the decision to shoot. One needs the mentality to shoot someone besides having the gun . Most do not have that ability. Back ground checks are only good at time of purchase. A requalification for a license should be every three years and a license should be federal.
The registered militia is the National Guard. A medical should be part of the 3 years renewal.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.