Agnostic.com

3 1

2 Truths and a Lie

We use this question frequently in training classes to get to know people.
You claim 3 things about yourself; 2 are true and one is a falsehood. But you have to choose truths that are crazy enough to maybe be lies and a lie that is just plausible enough to be believed.

My 3 are as follows:

1. I can’t stand coffee
  2. I have 4 tattoos
  3. I have skied the Alps

Which is the lie?

What are your 3 claims?

Tinocca 7 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All food related:
I have never eaten a salad of any description.
I can eat a raw onion as if it is an apple.
I will happily eat raw chillis.

Hmm, I think #3 is true. #1 seems too unlikely. There are too many different types of salads out there and as a child I would think you were asked to eat at least some kind of salad.
That leaves me with #2 as the lie.

1. I am an honest politician
  2. I am hiding wealth in a mattress
  3. I hate religious people

Ok, #1 is out. I’m guessing #3 is the lie. Hate is a strong emotion. I personally feel more pity and annoyance than hate.
That would make #2 true, and that makes me curious about your financial planning....

@Tinocca if I typed hating theocrats my word choice would give away the truth so you lost this 2+1 quiz nada penny in my bed

I once rode in a raft pulled by a dolphin.
I kicked a nun in the shin.
I can't stand coffee either.

Carin Level 8 June 22, 2019

Ooh, good ones. I really hope the nun one is true. I’m guessing the dolphin story is the lie.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364377
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.