Agnostic.com

4 6

QUESTION See a NASA Physicist's Incredible Origami - YouTube

I'm fascinated by this. I think you will enjoy it. I'm putting this in Academic, but it also includes the creative arts, engineering, and so much more.

Published on Mar 16, 2017
Twenty five years ago, physicist Robert Lang worked at NASA, where he researched lasers. He has also garnered 46 patents on optoelectronics and even wrote a Ph.D. thesis called "Semiconductor Lasers: New Geometries and Spectral Properties." But in 2001, Lang left his job in order to pursue a passion he's had since childhood: origami. In the origami world, Lang is now a legend, and it's not just his eye-catching, intricate designs that have taken the craft by storm. Some of his work has helped pioneer new ways of applying origami principles to complex real-world engineering problems.

UPDATED: Trying a new link..
Here is a link to a Ted Talk he did in 2008:

BeeHappy 9 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cool mantis

Dang, he's good! & thanks for the site, I subbed it for future viewing, if the rest of their videos are this good it's worth it!

Nagasaki, the Japanese art of body arrangement. (Sorry, a National Lampoon joke in bad taste, but that's sort of an oxymoron, isn't it!)

Upper link works, not so much the lower.

Updated post with new link. See how that works.

@BeeHappy Much better, thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36530
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.