Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Religion has done little to prevent war, famine, crime, oppression, misery, and unhappiness

On this site it is sort of like preaching to the choir, but I am all for helping people find stronger arguments and positions against religion.

snytiger6 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Human culture has both caused and prevented all of those things at times, religion is not a thing of itself but only a part of human culture and it therefore partakes of all the prejudices and follies of the wider culture. The claim that religion stems from an outside source like god, is not one that I think any on this site would subscribe to. Therefore it has no special role in the growth of human thinking, except that by claiming to have 'given' truth, it does, (and by its nature must,) act to support ultra conservative views, so that it can if you wish be seen as a brake on human thinking. If that is good or not depends on how conservative your views are.

probably added to the above.

I’m sorry: I didn’t think it was supposed to prevent any of these things.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:365645
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.