Agnostic.com

4 1

Why are my bosses religious ?

I wish they’d keep that shit to themselves but I’ve had more than one boss tell me how important their belief is.

For those of you who grew up in faith , was prosperity gospel a real thing? I’m just wondering if religion is somehow creating workplace ambitions in the religious and that’s why I keep having to deal with it.

JacobMeyers 6 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This segment discussing origins is interesting...

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Zster Level 8 June 26, 2019

Christians often believe that god is responsible for their income, house, etc. They think that just because they have some special relationship with a god, they, out of everyone, they have been "blessed" with material possessions. It is a "what's in it for me?" thing. Yet it is clearly the opposite of what their Geezus preached, and, not only that, they claim that their god leads them into an afterlife, which is putatively much more important than life on earth . . . . but in actuality, they are NOT behaving as if that were so . . . and in fact they behave as if there is no such afterlife, they value what is in this life far more, and seek power in this life. This contradiction does not bother them though, because they are use to defending contradictions . . . . they believe in book full of contradictions after all!

THHA Level 7 June 26, 2019

That’s bad news ..from my experience. It’s a test to see if you’re ‘of the body’ (willing to subordinate your mind & values to a collective imaginary concept). What I’d attempt to determine is how far up the ladder it goes; and, keep your eyes open for another employment opportunity. A religious-free work environment is worth the effort to find..

Varn Level 8 June 26, 2019

I've never had a boss that pushed religion on me. Just tell them you keep your personal and religious life out of business. They can't fire you for that. They can find a BS reason tho. I did R&D for an engine building company. One guy in the department was mad because I started in R&D. He kept on telling me about how he was an atheist. He was doing that to try and piss me off. Fucks given = zero. There is one time he heated up a wrench, then asked me to grab it. I didn't know he did that. I had a very big wrench in my hand, and I was very close to smacking him upside the head with it! He was laughing because he did it on purpose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:365882
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.