Agnostic.com

7 12

Little Shop of Horrors. Divided an overgrown plant.

Every 10-15 years, this Sansevieria grows too wide and doesn't fit on the windowsill.

With a sharp knife, I divided it and potted up plants for my daughter and a friend today. As a finishing touch, I polished the copper tray.

The pale inner leaves were deprived of light. They will green up in a week or two with indirect light. Now the plants have fresh soil and room to grow.

An art teacher, my ex-husband made the clay pot when he taught art in the middle school. Terry put drainage holes in the bottom at my request.

"Will you make me starts from this plant?" my daughter asked. She always loved this plant.

It's a rare Sansevieria, as most look like tall spears.

LiterateHiker 9 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting. I just subdivided something very, very similar last weekend...
Don’t have the “before pics; just some of the “after” pics...

@Santanaman9

Looks like a "Black Robusta" Sansevieria.

@LiterateHiker Appreciate that suggestion. Was trying to identify it. Thanks!

@Santanaman9

Do the plants look like this?

[walmart.com]

@LiterateHiker Yes; they do.

Those are lush. I ha e never seen it without long spear-like leaves.

@gigihein

A semi-succulent, it's easy to grow.

I love the angular, lush, variegated leaves.

@LiterateHiker I will look for one.I wrote down the name. Didnt know it was a succulent. maybe I am thinking of another plant.

@gigihein

'Snake Plant' in Pot (Sansevieria) 'Black Robusta' / 4" Pot / Live Plant

[walmart.com]

@gigihein

It's semi-succulent: stores water in its thick leaves.

I've just divided out a Venus fly trap, and I've got my fingers crossed that I haven't killed it/them.

It looks great but if this thing starts singing and demands to be fed, kill it immediately.

Lovely. I love plants but I'm a lousy plant carer

Neenz Level 7 June 27, 2019

Very nice.

nice little project you did

@RoyMillar

It's a mistake to divide and repot plants in the kitchen. What a mess!

But pounding rain, flash floods, thunder and lightning kept me indoors this afternoon.

you kept your self occupied thru ,plus the mess gave you a litte something extra to do ,but it done and your happy about

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366601
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.