Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK California to become first state to ban discrimination against natural hair

I suffered from this before. My dispatcher said that there were places that I couldn't deliver to because of my locks. Little by little it's happening. "white" is no longer right.

IAJO163 8 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WTF what does that have to do with anything ?

bobwjr Level 10 June 28, 2019

@bobwjr

Black people have long been discriminated against because of their hair. Two recent examples:

1. New Jersey wrestling referee illegally forced a black student to cut his hair.

[lifezette.com]

1. Late last year, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed a lawsuit Chastity Jones filed against Catastrophe Management Solutions (CMS), alleging that the company had discriminated against her when it refused to hire her unless she cut off her dreadlocks.

[rewire.news]

@LiterateHiker ok in that context it makes sense

Maybe I should've used the complete word in my post. I said "locks" when I should've said "Dreadlocks". My bad. I assumed everyone knew the slang word.

I’d rather we pay more attention to what’s between the ears!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.