Agnostic.com

28 3

I struggle to find my place on earth, my purpose for being. I’ve struggled with this since I was very young. What have any of you done to help yourself find answers to these questions? Help!!!

Maerin 5 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never suffered from any kind of existential angst.
I'm here. That's good enough for me. Whatever my purpose may
be can change from day to day.
I think tomorrow's purpose will definitely be consuming as much coffee as I can within the first hour I'm awake. Then, I might do some laundry.
Keep it simple. Don't over complicate what doesn't need to be complicated at all.
Just be.

When we were hunter gatherer we had to watch for animals that would eat us. We looked everywhere to make sure it was safe. Some scientists believe that is why women have a hard time concentrating during sex. The male(stupid and unaware) is focused the female is looking around hoping to not be attracted in a vulnerable moment. We see faces in the dark turn on the light to find a garment of some kind because we are programmed to find it. We search for patterns because it makes us feel good to explain it. Religion helps us do that! We want an explanation we search for and we’ll except anything to make us feel better about our lives and it’s meaning. We are! And that should be enough but it’s not. Your place is where you want it to be. No one can make you happy. No one can find your place in this world. Only you can make you happy, sad, mad, or content. You are the decider of your world.

Personally, I've found that accomplishment provides a degree of meaning. Creativity, such as writing, making things, and do on, does the trick.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.