Agnostic.com

5 0

Does anyone else believe that humanity may soon change into something else through advances in technology? A kind of amalgamation of tech and genetics.

SoupCruncher 2 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Decades ago we laughed at Scotty talking to his computer (Star Trek). Today we talk to computers, to cellulars and walkies-talkies... and pretty soon we will open our windows in New York, Paris, Juneau.....we will scream few Hellos...and our friends in Madrid, Rome, Luxembourg will answer us back.

It is possible. Right now there are some "bionic" implants available mostly for persons who are disabled. (You have to be rich or have really great insurance to be able to afford them) However, it isn't a far stretch for them to make implants to enhance ones abilities.

I am more concerned with patents for genetically engineered material. Eventually someone will patent genetic engineering for humans. Will the patent owner own th eperson created throug genetic engineering? Will they have control over tha tperson's repurductive rights as they literally own that persons genetic material? How much free will would a genetically engineered human legally have?

I find it all very troubling. It was a mistake to allow genetic patenting in the first place.

Considering the technology now exists to make genetic changes that are passed to the offspring, at least that part is bound to happen. I'm not so sure how willing people will be to have cybernetic implants. I can foresee a small segment of humanity opting for both cybernetic implants and DNA modification, but not the whole of humanity.

It has the potential to be awesome.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3676
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.