Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK The Forgotten: Disabled And Detained At The Border

This is something most people never think of. A friend posted it on FB.

altschmerz 9 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump is a Nazi Dictator wannabe.

Dang, not doing links.. Wish folks would at least describe or copy & paste the basics … cuz this smacks of fabricated sensationalism or a statistical fluke, to me ~

Varn Level 8 July 5, 2019

@altschmerz Not sure the intent of the post, a ‘conversation starter?’ Or, a prime example of the mega-stretch regarding the hunt for injustices to blame on the USA.. A world full of failed nations and cultures are expected to behave as they do … and one is supposed to set things right?

Had to skim it toward the end as there’s a total disconnect to the event and following scenarios. And, I see not how this is trump’s fault.. If stories like this are what drive some to the primary voting booth ..their votes (next) fall will be as fragile as ..a snowflake at the US border.

@altschmerz To many ..if not most, opposing anything trump’s ‘for’ may feel satisfying… But ‘we’ must also acknowledge when he’s got something right, because those ‘swing voting independents’ in the middle will.

trump’s finger-to-the-wind form of politics occasionally gets it right.. What’s wrong are the aggressive A-holes he allows to implement sloppy policy. But as I attempted to describe above, blaming every tragic situation at our border on even trump is not realistic, or in my mind, a long-term winning strategy for his opponents.

@altschmerz The US illegal immigrant problem has festered for decades, most realized it, few acted. trump harnessed this ‘too PC to mention’ topic, and made hay. His challenging China has been overdue, as well. But his draconian ‘solutions’ reflect the (assumed) limited time his administration will have to implement them.

Regarding illegal immigration, the message his people are attempting to send is: don’t come, don’t expect to slip across the border, stop thinking ‘asylum seeking’ is your ticket in, don’t plan on birthing a child on US soil as a method of ‘instant citizenship,’ don’t think you’ll be rewarded with eventual citizenship for simply laying low, don’t expect your children to be raised at US taxpayer’s expense, and don’t expect ‘holding conditions’ to be better than the economic conditions ‘you’re fleeing.’ These are economic refugees, not political..

I feel it’s a long long overdue message... Problem is, it’s temporary, and being implemented by a (hopefully) one-term administration. As a former west-coaster, I’ve witnessed the detrimental effect unlimited/ illegal immigration has/ had on our society. As mentioned, few have the courage to point it out. trump did, and was rewarded the Repub. nomination, and the presidency. Not the way I’d have liked to see this problem addressed ..but at least it’s finally being addressed.

@altschmerz Problems … Overcrowding, depleting our social safety net, undercutting unions & wages in general, displacing US workers, costly ESL classes, drugs, gangs, lack of education, basically importing the living conditions they’ve fled.

It’s one thing to allow a legal influx, which the US does in greater numbers than any other nation. It’s quite another when it’s unregulated, unwanted and out of control.

As for the ‘we’ve messed with their nations’ notion.. I’d leave the area alone.. and have voted accordingly. Should everyone in the US be punished for previous mistakes, do two wrongs make a right?

@altschmerz Reagan awarded 3 million illegals with citizenship, allowing each to ‘bring up’ 8 additional ‘family members.’ Far more have had their kids educated (free meals, health care, ESL classes) for free. The actual ‘illegal count’ has been greatly underestimated … and obviously, we’re not even allowed to ‘ask that question.’

The US has paid a serious price, California especially.. Notice, too, those crossing our border are not of Spanish descent, offspring of the ‘Conquistadors.’ I suggest the suppressed people coming here continue to fight for their independence within their homelands, and not expect to take advantage of ours..

Trump should be indicted and tried for crimes against humanity exactly as his fellow Nazis were in Nuremberg.

@slydr68 and internationally also!

horrific but not surprising

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:369735
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.