Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Rapper Tiny Jag pulls out of Detroit music fest after learning white people pay a higher ticket price

WTF? How unfair is this? Will there be upper class "POC" water dispensers and crappy looking "NONPOC" dispensers. The justification isn't valid and doesn't reflect well on black folk. If you can't afford the ticket then stay your ass home! Life. No excuses.

#WTF
IAJO163 8 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I might pay $20 to hear Milfie

I don't know who he/she is. lol.

If a rapper can see the logic of 'if you can;t afford the ticket then stay your ass home' - appalling use of language, but I would agree that the concept of social engineering through ticket pricing seems ridiculous.....

I'm sorry. My bad. Pardon my "hood" linguistics. Many of them are middle class and educated. It's marketing and money. That's the game.

I get why the tickets are higher for people in the community to be able to obtain and enjoy the concert...but I think it is insulting to both races...there are communities that deal with this in so many other ways that are more positive...

Blocks of tickets are often reserved for those in lower incomes, of any race...wealthier patrons pay a premium through membership in some sort os council or sponsorship...

She is a brave performer to fight agains discrimination of any kind...it hurts us all.

It screams inequality and signifies that a certain demographic needs a handout. It's $10. Who can't scrape up that amount given enough notice?

@IAJO163 I agree...if you have to think about it to buy food or necessities, you should not be going to concerts...it also seems to add to the stereotype that people of color need handouts as you said...so not true...especially in cities like where you live...Philly...lots of wealthy people of all colors!

Yup some sense of fairness excellent same for everyone

bobwjr Level 10 July 7, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.