Agnostic.com

1 0

Sometimes diplomacy fail and you just need to @#$& somebody up!!

Omgosh!!! I need to vent!!

So I got a job in the Judiciary system and been working here for about 2 weeks and they're now doing a background check on me. The man asking me one set of too personal questions for my liking such as what is the relationship between my parents? If I seeing somebody other than a bf? Asking me about certification I possess not relevant to the job such as body waxing, nail art courses and garment construction and about jobs I had nearly 10-15 yrs ago. Of course if you call you're not going to get reliable info from them!! The ppl I worked with then left by now. The ppl there now don't know me!! And he can't seem to grasp when I state the year I got my bachelors does not mean I finished my entire course of study in that year. The man keep asking what I was doing in that 4yr time gap??? I was in college!!! Oh for @#$&? sake! The worse part was when he asked for my religion and I told him I had none. He asked if I meant Christian?? I said no I meant I have no religion. He looked like we're sitting for dinner with the queen and I said I was feeling to f***. He asked again if I had no religion, none at all and did a no signal with his hand! I open my eyes wide and said that's right, no religion. It's called atheism. I didn't bother trying to distinguish agnostic from atheist cus I'm pissed off at this point and he don't seem to be very smart. We sat in silence for a good 30secs with a shock look on his face before he could compose himself and said alright then, shrugged his shoulders at me and jot down my response.
So this 50 something yr old looking man doing a background check never met an atheist... Wtf is he new to life?? Steupssss Steupssss

bluefairy 6 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What kind of intrusive idiotic questions are those that they asked?

I want to know when a background check ends and invasion of privacy begins!

@bluefairy When the questions become that personal and not relevant to the job. Besides, I would think not having a religion would be best for working in the judiciary system. I don't understand the whole, "place your hand on the bible" crap either.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.