Agnostic.com

6 0

Get a call from Social Security Administration? It's the latest scam.

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

we have had lots of income tax scams here in Canada from over seas operators

Was reading how the IRS,encouraged the illegals to use someone else's SS numbers,isn't that breaking a law or two? And giving them a refund for zero hours worked?

@Mike1947

Did you read this lie on Faux News?

It is untrue.

I posted about this a couple of times.

Unless you contact social security first, they will not call you. They will send a letter by snail mail if there is an issue. If you call or write to them first, then they may call you. Otherwise it is a scam... most likely to gather your personal information to steal your identity in some way.

They will ask you for your birth date, place of birth, mother's naiden name and to verify your social security number pretendign they are doign so for security purposes, when in fact they are doing so to get yoru personal information.

I just posted the abive link on Facebook too. Just to get the word out some more.

If I do not recognize the calling number,or see it's outside the U.S. I do not respond. The IRS,or Social Security does do make calls, unless you have initiated one to them.If you are new to this Country, perhaps you will be gullible.....

I have got several calls from "social security" telling me of suspicious activity and that it will be blocked...

Was on the news here

bobwjr Level 10 July 15, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.