Agnostic.com

11 1

History teaches us not to make the same mistakes.

So, I've seen many Trump supporters citing Obama as a justification for Trump's behavior... Now, Obama isn't really history, is he? He was president just a little while ago... And if we are to learn from the mistakes from past presidents, why would Trump do the same things that Obama supposedly did, and then use Obama's actions as a justification? If it's wrong, why repeat it and then say, well, Obama did it why can't I! I'd really like to understand why Trump supporters use this as a valid argument...

Cutiebeauty 9 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just to use a small debate on what it does: history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

Could you be more specific? I am hard-pressed to find any actions by Obama that are being replicated by Trump.To me it seems he is doing everything he can to reverse everything that Obama accomplished, as subconsciously he realizes he can never be as popular or as successful as Obama was. It eats away at him like a cancer. Hopefully it will kill him by giving him a stroke or heart attack.

And yet we repeat theez mistakes over and over again.

We are human and unfortunately it's inherent in our DNA to not learn from history. This is generalized and not necessarily answering your question about Obama and Red Man (Oh, and my loathing for that POS currently in office goes WAY back before he even considered running...just making that clear.) but history is littered with repeats, this is just one: Our government created a tariff back in the 30's, because business were closing due to cheaper imports. With a high tax implemented on imports it hurt our trade with Europe. Europeans decided not to buy American products. With this tariff battle, workers on both sides lost jobs because products weren't selling. This helped fuel the Great Depression. Trump's tariff war with China is hurting their economy and now our steel industry is hurting. You can check these out on line for more info.
Also, ask yourself how many times you've not learned from past mistakes. I've done it, we've all done it. Just my take on it. 🙂

Cause their heads are so far up his ass they can't smell the truth from the shit..

Trump has a bad combo personality for the people that are stupid and very immature. Unfortunately his Administration don't make the U.S. look that great to the rest of the world

Not everybody!

When you are a Fucking Idiot you will believe anything . REPUBLITURD = IDIOT .

GEGR Level 7 July 15, 2019

History only teaches us not to make the same mistakes if we want to learn the lesson. Most people don't.

humans always keep repeating the same things because there all power hungry and have so many conflicting religions and ideals. in the mean time the natural world is falling apart. jellyfish have thrived for hundreds of millions of years without a brain and don't make any mistakes. is having the biggest brain actually a good thing?

Because they live in a bubble and aren't very bright

bobwjr Level 10 July 15, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.