Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And I, for one, would like to say: "HAIL and WELCOME to our new robot masters!" 😀

You will bee assimilated.

@Blindbird LOCUTUS COMES ALIVE! 😀

How about just not poisoning the bees that we have..

My exact thought.

Maybe either they or another giant retailer could investigate ways to have a few more staff on the checkouts at busy times so customers don't have to queue for ages instead of concerning themselves with stuff like this? 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 15, 2018

Right? Do you always get stuck behind the person with 500 inane questions as well?

@Blindbird Oh god (for want of a better term) - every single time...

Customer: Do you stock that cheese I tried in Portugal in 1987?
Checkout operator: Sorry, I don't what cheese that was.
Customer: Brian really liked it too. It was yellow. Do you stock any yellow Portuguese cheese?
CO: I don't think so, but you'd be better off asking the staff on the cheese counter.
Customer: Do you think <insert name of rival shop here> might have it?
CO: I couldn't really say - I don't work there.
Customer: Do you think you might stock it in the future?
CO: If I knew what was going to happen in the future, I'd have won the lottery by now and wouldn't be stuck in here serving people like you.
Customer: Do you stock that nice bread my sister buys?
...and so on, for at least 20 minutes

@Jnei I think we've been in the exact same lines. Which is a bit odd as there's an ocean between.

@Blindbird Thus confirming my theory that the interior of supermarkets is actually another dimension, completely separate from the one the outside of supermarkets exists within.

@Jnei you may be on to something there

@Blindbird The interior of Ikea, of course, exists in numerous different dimensions at the same time, which is why if you walk through the bit leading from crockery to electronic items and then turn round and go back, it'll take you to another part of the store entirely - possibly even a different store.

@Jnei brb, gonna go look for the entrance to Narnia.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37460
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.