Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Chaos Makes the Multiverse Unnecessary - Nautilus - Pocket

This one went over my head. Maybe someone else on here will get it.

Tomfoolery33 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

huh. why is any Universe "necessary"?

I'd say that this Universe's very existence is out of necessity. If there were any possibility that it would rather not exist, then it simply wouldn't be. It exists by way that not existing is a statistical impossibility.

@gNappyHead what necessity? perhaps just a reaction to cause.

@hankster The "necessity" for an existence to satisfy the the lack of an ability for any inexistence to even be possible.

@hankster In essence: reality exists in order to satisfy the sheer impossiblily for "nothing" to exist because "existing" is a complete contradiction by definition.

@hankster Therefore, reality exists out of necessity because otherwise it would have no other discernible reason to occur.

Does any of this track so far? lol

@gNappyHead the universe is is just providing habitat for reality?

@hankster Eh, in a sense I suppose however I'm not so sure that universe & reality can be differentiated between exactly. Now I'm not claiming that this notion has a long history of scrutiny, so I would be more than curious to hear it criticized or explored further.

@gNappyHead necessity derived as the result of the only possible alternative to otherwise doesn't seem like need as much as math. maybe thats how it is.

Actually, the axiom or first principle is, don't believe in anything until you have evidence of it's existence. Lots of modern physics is over my head but Hawking was not convinced and he wrote about the multiverse shortly before his death

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.