Agnostic.com

3 2

Musical discovery

So my daughter took me to see Nada Surf last night. Not a band I knew much about until the concert. I remember the song Popular from way back when but that's it. Blown away! It's another one of those "Why have I not been listening to these guys until now?" moments.
What's a musical discovery you've made that was an epiphany?

BawdyEclectic 6 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I first heard Roxy Music decades ago I thought they were a new band, not knowing they've been around since mid-70's. Last "were as old as fuck tour" was splendid, took my daughter.
I blew up your body but you blew my mind...

Yeah, once I eventually heard them they became one of my top 20 bands, I have a large inventory of music. I only buy the lp if I truly like, otherwise I'm all digital. My top lp's for Roxy Music are Country Life, For Your Pleasure, Stranded, Siren, Live 03'(I believe their last tour which I took my daughter to in 01'😉 & Roxy Music.

I heard that Dave Lombardo was in a new band after leaving Slayer. I saw by chance that the band, Dead Cross, was playing in Houston, so I went. I had no idea how fantastic it was going to turn out. Describing them as excellent equates to giving them way to little credit.

Great band. I have at least 2 of their CD's in a box somewhere. I felt the same when I heard Porcupine Trees - Train.

Ooooh -- Porcupine Tree! Spectacular. It's my favourite thing when I discover a new band the drills right to the music centre of my brain AND they have a dozen albums out!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37566
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.