Agnostic.com

8 0

WHERE ARE THEY?

Where are the politicians that are of the George Washington, John Adams. Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton mold? Will we ever see anyone like them again?

alon 6 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bernie Joe

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2019

Presently no Profiles in Courage today.

t1nick Level 8 July 19, 2019

You won't see anyone like them until the NEXT revolution! Obama, Pelosi, Warren and others today can't even be mentioned in the same breath as our forefathers. Everyone is out to enrich themselves!

@maturin1919 Not necessarily at the expense of government. George Washington stepped down and retired when he could have installed himself as an all-powerful King or Caesar. Instead he went back to his farm and they chased after him to run for President. Of course he WANTED them to do this... And wanted for history to look exactly as it does with regard to his place in it.

No... I don't feel there is anyone close to that caliber of human being either currently running or presently elected. The "next Geo Washington" is too smart to run for public office these days.

You are asking if there are any “statesmen” any more? Obama was one: dignified, diplomatic, caring, and intelligent. Nancy Pelosi is arguably of the same strain. Looking at national candidates, I think Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren have the temperament. The last Republican I can think of as statesman-like is Eisenhower, altho some would argue Reagan fit the bill.

No I was not asking about statesman at all You must be joking with your choices.

We have no more Statesmen. I look like to the young to lead us out of the mess we created.

I was just talking to someone the other day about how likable dead people can be

You mean white landowning males that only wanted other white landowning males to have power?

I think that's the problem.

1of5 Level 8 July 19, 2019

Is that all that you remember of these great minds? How unfortunate.

@alon no, it isn't all I remember. Jezus.

What's unfortunate is forgetting these were flawed humans who were looking out for thier own best self interest as a class of people. The soaring rhetoric is nice, but the nuts and bolts of it - while functional - are seriously flawed, which has given this country a history of hypocrisy on the rights of it's citizens that one has to willfully ignore not to see. That's what's unfortunate.

History seems to be judged in hindsight. Perhaps they are here, we just haven't recognized them yet. I at least sincerely hope that is the case.

gearl Level 8 July 19, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:376431
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.