Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Revenge of the Simple: How George W. Bush Gave Rise to Trump – Rolling Stone

"Bush’s eight years were like the reigns of a thousand overwhelmed congenital monarchs from centuries past. While the prince rode horses, romped with governesses and blew the national treasure on britches or hedge-mazes, the state was run by Svengalis and Rasputins who dealt with what Bush once derisively described as “what’s happening in the world.”

In Bush’s case he had Karl “Turd Blossom” Rove thinking out the problem of how to get re-elected, while Dick “Vice” Cheney, Donald “Rummy” Rumsfeld and Andrew “Tangent Man” Card took care of the day-to-day affairs of the country (part of Card’s responsibilities involved telling Bush what was in the newspapers he refused to read).

It took hundreds of millions of dollars and huge armies of such behind-the-throne puppet-masters to twice (well, maybe twice) sell a voting majority on the delusion of George Bush, president. Though people might quibble with the results, the scale of this as a purely political achievement was awesome and heroic, comparable to a moon landing or the splitting of the atom."

[rollingstone.com]

WilliamCharles 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Compared to Bush, Donald Trump is a Rutherford or an Einstein.

I remember this magazine cover … When talking to obese auntie Friedel in Virginia, I realised the dilemma. She worked for Rolls Royce during the day, delivered pizzas in the evening and distributed junk mail in the morning … and was still obese. She asked us to pray for the USoldiers invading Iraq.

This is my response to the last sentence in the article.
The founding fathers never envisioned the election of blithering idiots to the office of the President.

Extremely interesting and thought provoking article. It makes a great deal of sense....I like the quote “Bush was their moron, whilst Trump is his own moron “...yes there lies the real problem...the GOP can’t control and manipulate Trump in the way that they could Dubya! Bush’s stupidity made him the ideal blank sheet of paper they could use to write their own script....Trump makes up his own script as he goes along, unpredictable and uncontrollable. It must be a nightmare for the real brains in the Republican Party who now find they have a Frankenstein monster of their own making on their hands!

Stable Genius!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:376682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.