Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Dollar stores are everywhere. That's a problem for poor Americans

Do you ever spend only what you intended to when you go in one? If you're poor you will remain so by shopping here regularly. I have very little use for them and only purchase a few specialty items that I can't get at the supermarket? What about you? Are you a victim?

IAJO163 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

back in the 1930s (depression) those low cost stores were known as 5 & dime stores ( woolthworth's & kresge's). inflation has now brought them to dollar stores.

It pains me to know that I'm now old enough to remember that. 😟

Rarely shop there

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2019

I only go for a couple items. buy 2 or 3 so rarely go

When I lived in the islands, I experienced a tasty treat called a pattie. A meat turnover that was spicy and delicious! The local markets have a crappy version of them and I can get a more authentic version at dollars stores.

They come in handy when I'm low on cash- Even though Dollar General and Dollar Store (green signs) are owned by same company I prefer Dollar Tree. Everything for a dollar comes in handy. I overspend at Walmart, Job Lots and Big Lots.

dollar tree is the one zi go to, because I can go on lunch. I grocery shop on lunch and put it in food pantry fridge. I only get what I need.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:376908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.