Agnostic.com

1 1

Give a little, take a little. I worked with an older craftsman to me on complicated jobs. Critical work and critical thinking go hand in hand sometimes. He would calm me down sometimes in the beginning of our working together. We would finish a job and not clean up or close out. The boss would ask him if we're done with the job. He would say, all we got left is finishing up. It shocked me that the boss fell for that answer. The boss was wanting to give us another job. My partner knew this. I said are we going to get in trouble? He told me that you give a little and take a little. That will keep you in a balance with your life. The morale of the story. Slow down, calm down, and pace yourself and you want make a mistake. If the boss corners you. Tell him how grateful you are that your not going over it again.

BucketlistBob 8 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice post. Sometimes I get in a hurry and that's when I realize I'm accepting subpar work. My slow, methodical approach bothers those who are watching though, and it gets tiresome deflecting those aspirations they try to impose on me. Be prepared, think ahead. Thanks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.