Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK Mitch McConnell Calls for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Cuts After Passing Tax Cuts, Massive Defense Spending

Shameless, craven assholes totally in the pocket of their wealthy benefactors!

After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

"It's disappointing, but it's not a Republican problem," McConnell said of the deficit, which grew 17 percent to $779 billion in fiscal year 2018. McConnell explained to Bloomberg that "it's a bipartisan problem: Unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future." The deficit has increased 77 percent since McConnell became majority leader in 2015.

New Treasury Department analysis on Monday revealed that corporate tax cuts had a significant impact on the deficit this year. Federal revenue rose by 0.04 percent in 2018, a nearly 100 percent decrease on last year's 1.5 percent. In fiscal year 2018, tax receipts on corporate income fell to $205 billion from $297 billion in 2017.

Twitter:
Strip Americans of everything so we can give it to the rich so they can buy more yachts and private jets. At our expense.

If social security ballooned the debt
@senatemajldr
needs to give all of us who paid into the system a refund and stop taking it out of our checks. We pay into the system.
social security is our money not the govt money

jerry99 8 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't see Social Security as an "entitlement." I've had a continuous job since I was 11 and I've put into that since I was a kid at 18! That is MY money THEY are earning interest on! Food Stamps & Welfare... those are entitlements! It really pisses me off when they mix the two.

It's an entitlement in the sense that we all paid into it and we're entitled to get our fair share back. Of course, when Trump's giveaways to the wealthy come due and we're forced to just print money, I think it's a good bet that we'll see massive inflation diluting the value of our savings. And so it goes...

Asswipe is too nice a word for that steaming pile of shit

bobwjr Level 10 July 23, 2019

These guys keep getting elected...what you have to ask is WHY do people elect them? Are the people of Kentucky so rich that they benefit from these tax cuts? I’m sure only a handful can be that rich, whereas the majority will actually be disadvantaged by these measures.

Every 10 years political districts are adjusted. In 2010, Republicans held enough state majorities to draw district lines in their favor - Gerrymandering.
Even though there are far more Democratic votes cast in the US, Republicans hold the majority of offices. Senate races aren’t influenced greatly by gerrymandering, but incumbency itself is a huge advantage. McConnell has increased his personal wealth immensely during his time in office, only partly due to his marriage to the heiress of an international shipping company, and campaign contributions from Russia.

You must remember that many of these poor people who vote for monsters like Mitch do so because they have been programmed to believe that the black and brown people are taking what little these poor white people have. It's all about hating. The repub party is good at teaching hate.....

Despicable person he is.

That saying of his says that he is a narcissist/sociopath that says all earths rare elements should be given to those that run the military industrial complex and some of the other elitists, psych disordered, that are like him instead of caring about others.

The antithesis of trump ..in style …. But equally ...if not far more destructive to our nation. He is evil - WTF is wrong with Kentucky?

Varn Level 8 July 23, 2019

Please don't tell me this surprised you. It's quite literally thier modus operandi.

1of5 Level 8 July 22, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.