Agnostic.com

1 0

Hail Satan Released online and DVD

I know the Satanic Temple is sometimes controversial here but I thought some might be interested in this. The movie about their movement is now available online and DVD. I think it was just released today. I got an email this morning.
[amazon.com]

MsAl 8 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

why would anyone follow this ignorance?

I joined because I'm an athiest and I admire their successful and humorous efforts to remove bible crap from public spaces.

@MsAl just a suggestion ... you might find your efforts more personally constructive by examining and reconstructing these belief systems with an emphasis or justification on science. take away the mysticism and you're left with a social tool that actually has some merit. check out yuval harari's "Sapiens" then Wright's "Why Buddhism is true". Staying on the path of hate and discontent is a waste of time.

@JeffMesser I like that they are effective. They don't promote belief in deities and they get results. I find it refreshing.

@MsAl see, the whole thing about deities is rather misunderstood by most in the west when it comes to the hindus. granted there are some who embrace bhakti from a mystical perspective. but mostly it's a matter of modeling. they believe that we all have specific roles and duties in order to make our societies function properly and those deities are actually the models for how each person is to act within those roles. even showing reverence to a specific deity is more about the meditative quality of the acts a la mindfulness than worshiping like we see in abrahamic religions. this is why I frown when people refer to the god culture there and act like it's how the christians and muslims worship their god. completely different cultures and approaches.

@JeffMesser You see I really don't care to read up on all the mystical takes. I believe that they are all false. I know enough about them and about scientific reality to know that. I have been an opinionated atheist since I could speak and grew up different than society. I appreciate and admire the Satanic Temple for visibly standing up for secular society and for people like me. It appears to be their entire mission.

@MsAl being an opinionated person without knowledge is a really ugly sight. I'd develop an urge to learn.

@JeffMesser I know enough. I don't feel the need to study scripture. I respect scientific knowledge but remember it needs to be questioned as well. I do my best to look into the things that interest or affect me. Think what you want. You seem like the type that has to be right. Hope you have a good day.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:378140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.