Agnostic.com

30 3

Relationships with Religious people and people who don't share politcal values the same as you do?

Can it work? I don't think so in my opinion

idlopalev 7 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I could handle being with someone who believes in some sort of generic god force; but not someone who believes in a personal god that involves itself in human affairs. I could also handle being with someone with some different political beliefs--as long as it was not something major--like him being a tRUMPf supporter or supporting other detestible people. My preference, however, is to be with someone with whom I am on the same page-- both politically and concerning religion.

Very difficult for me to establish a connection with someone that has an imagery friend/ enemy.

I concur - there is NO way in H... that a trumpie can co-exist w/ a lib.. -- no matter how great the food and lovin' are! Much the same w/ an evangelical and -- well, the rest of the world. Now, moderately religious and "us" -- not so bad as long as neither forces their beliefs on the other. I could co-exist w/ a Quaker - I could co-exist w/ an Eisenhower Republican -- And I'm a liberal agnostic/aethiest as I share many of their values, even if not their formal "titles".

If you both keep your beliefs, or lack of them to yourselves why not?

Type your comment here
You are not describing anyone normal.......even a normal religious person. How/when/WHY would you allow anyone such as you describe anywhere near you?!?

Politics is polarizing: I'm right and you're wrong and vise versa. Religion on the other hand maybe more subtle most of the time, but the wounds of offense are more prevalent I think. I avoid discussions except for those who are more open minded. I do have a good personal friend that is a fairly devout believer who is very open to discussing Christianity with me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.