Agnostic.com

6 7

LINK 157 Republicans Just Opposed Renewing The Violence Against Women Act

Evidently they think beating women helps "Make America Great Again".

snytiger6 9 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The one and only Democrat who voted against it did so because the gun restrictions proposed were "too partisan"... the Republicans voted against it because it would include protections for Native American and transgender women. Republicans do not want to even acknowledge that Native women need protection or that transgender women exist, let alone need protection.

Total Fucking Assholes

bobwjr Level 10 July 26, 2019

Fuck them - Fuck them sideways.

I honestly believed we were past this shit.

They want people who have been CONVICTED of domestic violence to still be able to buy guns? Are they nuts? Or just that bought and paid for.

I'm never going to forget the Worker at a Battered Women's Shelter in Lowell MA who lost her life because a husband found out where the location of the shelter was - and showed up with his shotgun.

She was killed in front of the Shelter. Thankfully the wife was safe.

I worked there the Fall after that happened. I'll never forget it.

Things like that happen - all the time. No woman (or man) should have to fear that. No one should have to fear that.

Nothing, but nothing surprises me when it comes to the Republicans.

Because, of course they did. It's the "Y'alliban".

Remember in November!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379112
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.