Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK They look white but say they're black: a tiny town in Ohio wrestles with race | US news | The Guardian

I thought this was a very interesting article on race.

ballou 8 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Totally reasonable. All this depends upon a number of dominant genes. And there are many historical examples.

JacarC Level 8 July 26, 2019

Having grown up, lived and worked as a minority white, I'm firmly of the opinion that other races, in general, are more kindly to whites than vice versa.
Thank you for posting this very interesting article.

Petter Level 9 July 26, 2019

It’s interesting and illuminating because I would have assumed if someone looked white and their black ancestry had been diluted over several generations, that they would be glad to say they were white. That assumption is not correct....as this article proves. But of course I’m speaking entirely from a white perspective.

Things aren't always just Black or White (pun).

My wife was of a "minority" culture. After being married a while, I started to appreciate her culture (or some might refer to as race). I began to assimilate to some extent. Today, I identify with them.

Really interesting. Would love to know more about this.

I thought the article was very interesting.

@balou just saw another post about this on Facebook from someone in Multicultural education. Seems like it is fairly common.

Mom might be an albino.

Why this fixation with race and colour ?

Because I have been through it for years. My kids are of mixed race.

@balou I didn't mean you personally. Personally I couldn't care what race or colour people are in fact it makes life more interesting to have variety.

@Moravian I've seen the ugly side of racism time and time again. I've seen my children and my ex-wife looked down on simply because of the color of their skin. I wished it didn't exist but as long as there are ignorance and ignorant people, it's going to.

Quite the story. Thanks for sharing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.