Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Trump campaign sees political advantage in a divisive appeal to working-class white voters - The Washington Post

'The president’s allies say that combative approach appeals to white Republicans who are tired of being accused of racism.

“Republicans, for as long as I can remember in politics, we’ve all been called racists just because of our policy ideas,” said Kelly Sadler, a spokeswoman at America First Action, a pro-Trump super PAC. “The Republicans who have been struggling with these criticisms want somebody to fight back. And the president now is reversing the game on the Democrats.”'

(I think this means, "We are racists with racist policies, but if lie and call the people who call us out on racism 'racists', then we hope the people who vote for us will be too dumb to see through that." )

Paul4747 8 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are correct in what you are seeing between the lines, sadly.

No one is ever going to reach the hard core Trump crowd. In their twisted minds, all the crap Trump has pulled since he took office in 2016 makes perfect sense, and they are genuinely befuddled that there are people who find what has gone on under the Trump
Administration to be horrifying and deeply offensive.

The goal for the Democrats in the next election doesn’t need to be reaching out to Trump supporters. That’s a waste of time and resources. Like trying to turn dried dog turds in to gold bars. The goal needs to be engaging the rest of the voting populace. The Democrats need to offer up a good quality candidate with experience in policy making and debate who has relatively clean hands when it comes to their personal life.

The hard core Trump supporters who actually believe in all of his policies hook, line and sinker make up about 25% of the population. In the last election, he got about a fifteen percent bump because he was successfully advertised as the candidate who did not represent the party line, and some people actually bought in to that load of horse hooey. Trump will have no such luxury in the 2020 campaign.

If Democrats simply don’t trip on their own shoe laces, getting rid of the vermin which currently inhabits the Oval Office should be pretty easy. Then again, it’s the whole “Democrats not tripping on their own shoe laces” part which worries the hell out of me.

I just hope they're running low on angry white folks who do not want any kind of diversity whatsoever because it interferes with their little world.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:380223
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.