Agnostic.com

6 8

Good news! Republicans are losing another women in the House.

Rep. Martha Roby (R-Alabama) is one of just 13 Republican women in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the second to announce her intention to retire.

Rep. Susan Brooks (R-Ind.), the recruitment chair for the National Republican Congressional Committee, said in June she would not seek reelection in 2020.

Roby’s departure signals another blow to the GOP, which is experiencing a 25-year low in female Repubicans in the House.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd like to see 50-50 women-men in Congress, regardless of party affiliation. Why be happier about a man staying in office, vs a woman???

If these Rs who find working with a rogue president so distasteful that they'd rather retire than put up with him for another term would speak out publicly instead of just quietly walking away they'd be making a much more powerful statement.

But that would require principles and a backbone, things many politicians don't have.

A 25 year low in female representation in the house?
Kinda of funny what you get when misogyny is one of the main planks in your party’s platform!

@Haemish1

It's a 25 year-low of Republican women in the House.

@Athena fewer repub women is not a bad thing at all. They are pretty much useless anyway as they don't stand for anything.

Would have been much better if she switched party’s over to the Democrats. Then that would be a real game changer

She is from Alabama so she will be replaced by an ultra conservative white man.

@Sierra4

Not necessarily. Hope springs eternal.

@LiterateHiker I consider myself to be a very optimistic man, but this is Alabama, the state that almost elected Roy Moore two years ago. I will remain hopeful.

Yup they see the writing on the wall or are too fed up with trump to continue

bobwjr Level 10 July 28, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:380361
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.