Agnostic.com

2 0

Model Railroads

Were you fascinated with them while growing up and if so, do you still find them fascinating? Why?

I loved model railroads as a child. It was a form of escapism, fantasy, sound, smell, vibrations, all smearing together in positive childhood memories.

I still feel their pull and allure, a fantasy in miniature and time.

AstralSmoke 8 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For a short while as a kid, I had a setup in my parent's basement, HO scale.
Later as an adult, I worked right next to one of the busiest crossroads of several different railroads in the country in Griffith, Indiana.

Your story reminded me of one of my own. I was in a group and obviously whomever had made the plans had no idea where we were. We camped in the center of a triangle. The triangle's sides were live train tracks and through the center was a flight pattern to a nearby airport. Don't know that I've ever been in a noisier place.

Not at all.
I was into rocks.

Rocks are cool, but can't compare to a train.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3816
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.