Agnostic.com

7 1

POLL 15 Examples of 'Anti-Homeless' Hostile Architecture That You Probably Never Noticed Before

Do you think cities are trying to force an already marginalized population out, or force them into other types of treatment, like designated areas on the edge of town? Are we just trying to create a new permanent underclass?

• 3 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
MarkiusMahamius 7 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cruel and disturbing. I disagree with the idea that ignorance of poverty is the solution to poverty. When is being ignorant ever the correct solution?

“Spikes do nothing more than shoo the realities of poverty and inequality away from your backyard—so you don’t have to see it or confront what you can do to make things more equal,” says Borromeo. “And that is really selfish.”

tiny houses could be a start... if they include psychiatric asistance to those who need need it.

I work with the homeless. I started off because I felt sorry for them, I no longer do.
Let me explain. I thought they were just lazy, crazy or addicted. I would never hand a homeless person monies. I wasn't going to contribute to the person's addiction. Instead I'd rush home grab all the can good I'd got on sale but our family would be ever eat, and rush back to give them the said can goods.
I'd leave feeling good a out myself because I'd done my part right.
Fast forward a few years and I had grew up a little a d I started to notice people just walking right by our homeless people. Not even acknowledging they were human.
So I started collecting cloths, coats,blankets, hotel shampoos, soaps,toothpaste and brushes. When I collected a good bit I'd drive to where I knew them to hang out. I pulled up played it all out and welcomed them in. That was the start.
Now we have a group of atheist that donate a d volunteer. We service anywhere from 80- 150 people.
Of course not all are homeless some are family's that are food insecure or need help clothing their children.
Fast forward 5yrs now.
I will give a buck or two to them if I can spare it myself, because being homeless is hard. Real hard.
I hug everyone who comes to our giveaways. I look them in the eyes a d I try to keep up what is going on with them. If they need mental health we try to steer them in th hat direction, they want housing we do the same, they need doctors care we help them set up appointments at the clinic.
So look at them. Treaty them as you would if your child was homeless because you never know what life may bring.

Back to back posts about the plight of the homeless. Did one hit you up for cash at the liquor store?

1of5 Level 8 Aug 1, 2019

First, there's no way to know if that was human s hit or dog s hit, second withdrawals suck, I have a heart. Beer is way cheaper than health care. Third, unfettered access to intoxicants should be a right, just like housing and healthcare.

@MarkiusMahamius that's the long way of spelling "yes", I guess. College is really paying off for you. 😉

@1of5 my mom cut me off. Ask her about it.

@MarkiusMahamius I'm sure I won't have to ask, she'll go on and on about it without any prodding from me. Just thinking about it makes me want a drink.

@1of5 that's cool with me

@MarkiusMahamius I know, and I'll have to hear about that too. How you were raised by such a prude is beyond me.

That was just sad........especially because in many places, places like churches ,etc etc running shelters have been banned from doing so.

A living wage? Affordable housing? Proper health care - physical and mental?

Maybe a good job will provide money to rent an apartment.

Maybe, maybe not. How hard do you imagine it is to get a good job if you don't have a place to even clean yourself and your clothes up for the interview?

Maybe we need to establish places for a shower, haircut, and shave, and free clothes for job interviews.@1of5

@nicknotes why don't we did fix the socio-economic structure that produces them instead?

Good point...@1of5

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.