Agnostic.com

6 0

Does anybody actualy know what they are talking about? The Planck constant is a physical constant that is the quantum of action, central in quantum mechanics. First recognized in 1900 by Max Planck, it was conceived as the proportionality constant between the minimal increment of energy, E, of a hypothetical electrically charged oscillator in a cavity that contained black body radiation, and the frequency, f, of its associated electromagnetic wave. In 1905, the value E, the minimal energy increment of a hypothetical oscillator, was theoretically associated by Albert Einstein with a "quantum" or minimal element of the energy of the electromagnetic wave itself. The light quantum behaved in some respects as an electrically neutral particle, as opposed to an electromagnetic wave. It was eventually called photon.

im getting a little pissed off with people quoting Prof Stephen Hawking, just because they heard of him, and havent got a clue who Max Planck is

magicwatch 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree, The weekend scientist learns something and spits it out like the republicans spit fake news. People that say science is wrong sometimes and that is just not the case, Science is discovery, knowledge and is never wrong along the journey for truty. Planck's constant was used by einstein to provide a foundation of space and time.

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

Did he invent planking?

Nice description of this primary building blocks of Q.M

Of course not.
As Niels Bohr allegedly said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

Since you mentioned only male scientists, I'll balance the books with there women. Hypatia, Henrietta Swan Leavitt, and Annie Jump Cannon. Only a few scientists become famous, and there are always some who are more diserving. LIfe isn't fair.

Rosalind Franklin is best known for her role in the discovery of the structure of DNA, and for her pioneering use of X-ray diffraction. Watson and Crick got all the acclaim

@magicwatch Her name is frequently added to the plaque on the Eagle pub in Cambridge, where Crick and Watson announced their discovery - she should, of course, have been included on it; and in my opinion the press should stop calling it vandalism whenever someone writes her name on it.

Erm it went right over my head so if you don't mind ill leave and try not to drag my knuckles on your floor. I havnt got a clue what your talking about but ive managed without this information so far in my ignerent little world. horses for courses.

I know, right? I should just go back to banging rocks together.

do you want to bang rocks with me lol?

Don't be fooled guys, they're not real words. Those guys are just hitting the keyboard with their shoes. We're the clever ones.

you bet lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.