Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK Real threat to democracy: Media meddle in Democrat debate by siding with Harris, demonizing Gabbard — RT USA News

This is what it looks like when you have a person who has not been selected by the powers that be, going toe to toe with a likely CIA, hand-picked by the government, candidate. Harris and Biden most definitely fall in that area. If you think you vote really changes anything, you had best think again.

Archeus_Lore 7 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

Here's a fact for you: RT Today is a major Russian government pr/propaganda tool, with the central aim of moving western opinion in its favor. "News" reports in that rag are created with that central goal in mind. Hardly a reliable fact source.

But none on this will matter for Archeus_Lore, because facts are ignored if they don't suit his predetermined "reality" paradigm. This is a great example of the sizeable inroads into average Americans' political views Putin has made. Anyone here remember when Republicans independents and Democrats alike generally agreed that Russian propaganda was generally less trustworthy than western news sources? I sure do. That is not because the western organizations are inherently accurate and honest. No, they are fallable and naturally have their subjective perspectives. But it is because free press competition fact checking tends to hold them much more accountable.

None of this matters to Archeus_Lore's alternate reality universe.

Looks like a great example of the kind of shit-stirring, chaos-producing misinformation Russia is sure to increasingly spin out for American consumption as the 2020 campaign season gears up. Realize that a crucial key element in destroying American democracy is to destroy the public's basic level of minimal respect for the role of a free press in defending democracy. Checkmark yet another win for Putin.

Well, that is an interesting reply, considering the most of the article is video from US news sources . . .

[opensecrets.org]

Country Total Spending

1. Israel $99,358,131 < - - - - AWWW Gee, who would have guessed?
  2. South Korea $98,677,421
  3. Japan $82,778,067
  4. Liberia $72,339,166
  5. Saudi Arabia $55,958,419 < - - - - Oh, now there are some real humanitarian head choppers!
  6. Marshall Islands $53,711,360
  7. Ireland $52,232,577
  8. United Arab Emirates $43,606,671
  9. China $40,671,913 <- - - - Even China?
  10. Russia $38,110,108 < - - - - What a hoot!

@Archeus_Lore "video from U.S. news sources" is not any sort of definitive stamp of validity. The article starts with Breitbart and Drudge as its references for what constitutes trustworthy perspective, but they are anything but. They have a definite agenda, but this article uses them to cast doubt on more mainstream sources. I actually watched the coverage and follow up commentary from CNN and later MSNBC, as well as listening to npr and abc. The artice's claim that Tulsi Gabbard was unfairly maligned was certainly not the gist I gathered from those exact news sources. They actually noted Gabbard as effectively weakening Harris with her pointed critiques.

Which brings me back to my point. It is FACT that there is an ongoing concerted sophistocated attack on our political process by Putin's misinformation campaign. That included in 2016 literally tens of thousands of fake, supposedly American, grass roots initiatives, which aimed and succeeded at sewing mistrust among voters. Which means we all had better consider carefully every claim we see appear in media reports, including this article. And it fails the smell test. Ask yourself the central point of the article. It is clearly to persuade Americans to mistrust media coverage of the campaigns AND even more importantly to split Dem-leaning voters into disperate camps separated by mistrust and resentmet. That is what Putin did so effectively in 2016, and the push to do it this time around will be at the very least as big as that was. Don't miss the forest for the trees.

I like the way you back up your FACTS with bull shit.

@Archeus_Lore you are in an alternate reality. Like believing the leading candidates are hand-picked by the CIA. Wow. It may be a tricky concept, but ever hear of candidates having an advantage because they already enjoyed much greater name recognition with the public? Sure seems like a whole lot more plausible explanation for survey standings than the notion that the likes of Right-wing Breitbart or Drugde Report would ever actually care about defending Gabbard or ANY Democrat. They don't want ANY Democrat to actually win. Why would they? Dems represent to them the enemy. They are obviously going to care only about trashing the cred of any likely frontrunners so they will lose in the general. Why can't YOU see that?

No FACTS yet. Keep trying.

@Archeus_Lore it won't matter to you. Pam already sent you a compelling fact link, and you just ignored it with a dismissive "think what you want" reply.

No, unlike you, I actually backed up what I said with some actual proof versus the type of ipse dixit bull droppings in your responses. Did I say anywhere that RT was NOT owned by Russia? . . . . I DID say that most of the information in the post was from US news sources, which is true. I also showed that countries like ISRAEL interfere FAR MORE than Russia does . . . . but you seem to think that just because a news source is owned by some other country, it automatically means that whatever is on it is lies . . . . and so far, nothing you have said or posted has proved that.
Also . . . So far your responses have only revealed that you have a reading comprehension problem . . . . you read things I post, then argue against things that I never said in the post.
As for propaganda, the US media is just as full of propaganda, if not more, than resources from other countries, and if you think that you have a corner on the truth simply because you only read from the news sources of ONE COUNTRY, then you are doing the SAME thing as Christians who read one fucking 2000 year-old book, then think that they have the keys to the universe.

@HowieHawkins20 @H'20 the real Green New Deal of 2006 not liar plagiarist @AOC her chief of staff just quit not telling the world our GREEN PARTY is based on science from Amory Lovins Rocky Mountain Institute....American voters don't like liars so 31 states voted for an honest pussy grabber over a 33 thousand times OBSTRUCTION of justice criminal violator of secrecy laws all 25 million of us veterans still comply with Clearance Security

Eugene McCarthy was the last candidate left alive with delegates to the Chicago DNC and Humphrey was shoved down out throats...the PRIMARIES are just a dog&pony show drawing people away from real votes that do matter putting an honest candidate on the ballot with Presidential matching funds in 50 states NOW....waiting until January or June is how peace is denied and jobs moved to shit hole countries as our liar Pussygrabber TrumpOLINI sez @HowieHawkins20 @H'20

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

[nbcnews.com]

I believe this news source is suspect. I'm no fan of Gabbard or made up news.

You are welcome to believe what you want. Most of the post is video . . . . from US news sources . . . . but I guess that is "suspect".

By the way, you sound like someone who thinks that the US media does not lie . . . . that you can trust it more than RT . . . you would be wrong . . . . they lie all the time, mostly by omission . . . a good example comes to mind . . . the US was meddling in UKraine long before the Crimian incident . . .
Obama admitting his role in the US-supported coup in Ukraine, a war crime. (First video link below).
Victoria Nuland, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State, admits in the second video that the USA supported the Ukrainian coup with 5 billion dollars. Note the Chevron symbol in the background of the video. John McCain (Senator Lovewar himself) and Victoria Nuland were in Ukraine in December 2013 amid the mass anti-government protests. (The third video is of John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters.) During the visit, McCain met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in the country’s capital of Kiev, voicing his support for the protests, adding that he saw Ukraine’s future with Europe.
Biden's youngest son, Hunter Biden was hired to the board of Burisma Holdings, Ukraine’s largest private gas producer.
The proxy Ukraine war is all about energy. The Eastern part of Ukraine is the major oil and gas producing region of Ukraine accounting for approximately 90 per cent of Ukrainian production and according to EIA (The American Energy Information Administration) may have 42 tcf (trillion cubic feet) of shale gas resources technically recoverable from 197 tcf of risked shale gas in place.
George Soros is heavily invested in Ukraine . . . . to the tune of about one billion dollars.
It is no secret that the US was funding anti-government NGO's in Russia either, and Putin put an end to them for a reason.
Obama admits the US-sponsored coup:

Victoria Nuland . . . 5 Billion recently, with Chevron symbol behind her
John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters
Well, well, well . . . . . and they blame Russia for Crimea, when it was their coup that started it all? And Russia is the "aggressor"? [ecowatch.com] . But never mind all that, the US media? Lie? Oh, you have to be kidding!
Lindsey Graham in Ukraine, encouraging Ukrainian soldiers to fight, with complete disregard for the Minsk agreement. Constantly wringing his hands while he is speaking: "I admire the fact that you will fight for your homeland. Your fight is our fight. 2017 will be the year of offense. All of us (indicating ¦¦¦ and himself) will go back to Washington and we will push the case against Russia. Enough of a Russian aggression. It is time for them to pay a heaver price. Our fight is not with the Russian people, but with Putin. Our promise to you is to take your cause to Washington, inform the American people of your bravery, and make the case against Putin to the world." Then John McCain: "I believe you will win, I am convinced you will win and we will do everything we can to provide you with what you need to win. You have succeeded, not because of your equipment, but because of your courage. So I thank you, and the world is watching. And the world is watching, because we cannot allow Vladimir Putin to succeed here, because if he succeeds here, he will succeed in other countries."

I am right with you, Pam!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.