Agnostic.com

5 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A Federal court just rule that the 2nd Amendment does not cover military style assault weapons. As a U.S. Air Force veteran, I support this ruling.

[independent.co.uk]

It’s not what they won’t tell ME that scares me, it’s what they won’t tell themselves... at all costs.

Apparently the author didn't do their homework. In DC vs Heller in 2008 the SCOTUS ruled that the 2nd amendment is an individual right to bear arms. So the gun fanciers needn't worry about the government coming for all their guns. And it doesn't mean all guns are protected, so efforts to get AR-15s out of civilian hands are still legal.

In 2008 the scotus ignored the decision of the original scotus

@LadyAlyxandrea Oh, I agree. Alas until SCOTUS overturns DC vs Heller we are stuck with guns as an individual right.

Yeah, and the whole purpose for the "well regulated militia" was to fight tyrannical government or foreign invasion. I'm pretty sure civilians with AR-15s is not going to stop a modern day tyrannical government, and if they wanna fight a foreign invasion, enlist =P

It's really just so outdated..

I was in one of them so-called well-regulated militias. The only thing one could've developed proficiency in my unit was in alcohol consumption as we only executed our drill's initial plan, sadly, about half the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.