Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK I Don't Grieve Over His Cruelty. I Grieve Over Yours.

"I really don’t care about him.

I know you think I do, but my sadness really has nothing to do with him.

I know who he is—and more accurately, I know what he is.

I know that he is just a mirror.

He has simply revealed clearly the disfigured ugliness of the place I call home and the people I live here alongside—and that is the thing I grieve over. And this is not the mourning over a singular loss, it is a daily grieving."

WilliamCharles 8 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It seems as though every generation has between 20 and 25 percent of its population which will turn out to live in fear of anything that is different from the small piece of the world they spent their formidable years in.

I’m still trying to figure out if this is the result of nature (simply being born socially retarded) or nurture (being born in an environment bereft of exposure to other cultures and ideas).

In the long run it doesn’t really matter, I guess. This is a group of people whom every generation must remain ever vigilant of. What they lack in basic social skills or decent upbringing, they more than make up for in their steadfast determination to eliminate anybody who is different from them.

Complacency is how people like Donald Trump find their way in to positions of power.

eye opening and true.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:383576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.