Agnostic.com

3 1

Being a mom is not for everyone. And sometimes, it SHOULDN'T be for some. I bounce back and forth from thinking I should never have had kids to I am not too bad of a mom. Tonight, I am not so bad. Took my 16 yr old all the way to Allentown, PA to visit her best friend and bring them to a concert. Had to arrange transportation which involved asking a favor of someone. I hate asking for things. And this someone is on my "beware of clingy-ness" list. But I made it happen for the kid so I am feeling pretty good about my mom-ness tonight. A tiny bit mad that there were only two tickets to the concert and I don't.get to see Papa Roach but I'll be ok. ?

Lassie221 5 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being a parent isn't for everyone. I always said I was missing the "mom" gene, and there is nothing wrong with that. I have one adult child whom I had when I was a teen, and had I not made that "mistake" I would have NEVER had kids. I love her to death, of course, but I personally feel you don't miss what you don't have. She has 4 kids (only child syndrome?) whom, again, I adore, but I live in Arizona, she, in Minnesota: I've always told her I'd never live close enough to babysit!

Oh yeah, you definitely earned a self reward for that!

Zster Level 8 Mar 17, 2018

You get a good mom point for this effort.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38376
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.