Agnostic.com

28 2

What is more important: your genetic genome or your nutrition?

Could your nutrition (what you eat) change your genetic background and make you live longer? In other words: change your "destiny"? How important is your nutrition in avoiding hereditary diseases? There is a doctor who says that being vegan is everything and you "could not die". For me this is bullshit and that being vegan can only help you to a certain point and in the end, your genes are the master of your destiny. Could a scientist in this blog help with these questions?? Thank you so much

Condorandino 5 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends on the person. Statistical studies pertaining to nature vs. nurture like to vary a lot on how much genetics or nurture-type influences change outcomes.

One's genetic background is only a probability figure. One's nutrition and general health measures can and often does counteract one's genetic probability. My health measures are paramount to me.

Nutrition won't change the genetic background. Ionizing radiation may, in a fully unpredictable manner.
The science of nutrition is rapidly growing and changing. There are a lot of unknown areas.
Looks like, in general, genes won't determine a patient's lifespan and illnesses but rather make some outcomes more or less likely. Proper nutrition and lifestyle may decrease the probability of negative outcomes.

zesty Level 7 Aug 6, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:384703
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.