Agnostic.com

6 1

Astrology

It is pseudo science. I do not believe in it. I find it entertaining because over the years I find it has relevance. Compatability, interests, reactions, life sucess. Why? I have no idea as it is nonsense. But......it resonates. How can I be so foolish as to give this any credence? I must be unhinged. =0}

Mooolah 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For years I ran two magazines. In one of them there was a horoscope, which was praised for its accuracy by many readers, who wanted to know who was our source.
I would say it was this fantastic computer programme into which I had to feed all sorts of data each time, and then edit the printout into good English, rather than "computer English." They would nod wisely and ask where they could buy it, and I would say I bought it in Kenya, many years ago, and it would only run on one of my old Sinclair QL machines.
In actual fact, my wife and I would have a whale of a time each issue, dreaming up typical phrases and looking through the horoscope pages of old women's magazines for meaningless, but deep sounding, phrases. If the wording is vague enough, it's amazing how well the reader will adapt it to themself. By the way, I'm Scorpio. My wife is Pisces. We love the Astrological description we came across that says "Scorpio is a nasty trick played on Pisces". It's so true!

My sign is "Eats"

Ok. Explain this.
Many media talking heads refer to someone as "mercurial".
Mercury rules the Sun sign Gemini
Gemini is ruled by Mercury, god of communication, commerce, messengers, thieves, tricksters.
Mercury is the god of communication....ie winged sandels & helmut permitting him to fly & carry messages swiftly.
Who is this prominant Gemini?

No, not unhinged. Just our human nature. I think: ( 1 ) Astrology is sufficiently vague and ( 2 ) we like to feel good about what we read about ourselves.

James Randi experiment on Astrology:

Yay!

Astrologers are those who know nothing about Astronomy. (Generally speaking)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.