Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK The BITE Model of Influence • Open Minds Foundation

In response to a recent post I have included this link concerning Cults, as there seems to be much confusing between cults and mainstream religion. I hope this clarifies things.

DavidLaDeau 8 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trumpism seems to be bleeding over into the general populace. In fact, Trump is recorded as only telling 56 lies last week. He is improving and the Evangelicals are a big part of this. What doesn't make the news so much is the "prayer breakfasts" that his GOP is having everywhere and these include Mitch McConnell. The impression is that Trump's GOP is just one big happy religious family. This makes it easier for the mainstream media to "overlook" his racist and white supremacist rants and remarks as his defenders claim he is pure as snow in his desires for America. The idea is to make the general public think Trump and his GOP want everything that you want. The setup on this is to hope that Pence follows Trump and America can get its Christian Nation.

Do they want everything that you do? Of course not. Trump has rescinded Obama bills that would allow a person with mental illness to buy a gun regardless of that illness.

Trump is also trying to make it harder for you to sue the doctor if he cuts off the wrong leg in surgery. Of course, Trump says "we will all be happy."

We should find the door they came through and show them the way out before they take too many bites.

I thought I would never say it as I did defend "unfounded Trump fears" on A/N when he was first elected. All policies aside, I was very wrong, there does seem to be an evangilical Trump cult. What is Nancy Reagen was a Lesbian pron star? Really? Actually I don't care about that, ( more power to her) but never before had there ever been such passes given by the Christian movement. It is really scary. There is no German that would have put up with the policies of Hitler in 35. Yet they did put up with it and in fact endorsed it by 47. Americans are humans too and are going down a very dark road of ingnorance. No I was not comparing Trump to Hitler.

As a former Jehovah's Witness I see that the practices in his list are almost all shared by them. To me, the biggest thing that separates cults from more mainstream religions is the practice of shunning. As some of the respondents mention below this aspect is becoming more mainstream. Many Evangelicals and fundamentalist folks shun their own children or friends for infringement of dogma especially apostasy, homosexuality and misogyny. The thing is I'm personally seeing a type of shunning in Catholic and other mainstream religions and even in relation to politics. I just don't remember that happening twenty years ago.

gearl Level 8 Aug 8, 2019

As I read this, I can't escape the similarity with trumpism.

I don't usually comment on politics, It does strike me that there is much more intensity of hero worship than Obama and Clintion enjoyed combined. This seems to be centered in the evangelical movement and seems to be bleeding over to the general populace. "God save the king?"

They're all cults, some more so than others.

All religions are cults. Always have been.

They can all BITE me.

Now that was indeed brilliant!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:385970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.