Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK How Much Water Is Too Much Water To Drink in a Day? | Time

The take-home message isn’t that people should drink less water, nor that they should swap out water for other beverages. But for those hoping to stay optimally hydrated, a slow-and-steady approach to water consumption and coupling water with a little food is a more effective method than knocking back full glasses of H2O between meals. “Water is good for you, but you can drown in it too,” Nieman says.

ballou 8 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Polydipsia is a condition of drinking too much water flushes electrolytes and other nutrients dangerous

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2019

In the summer, I drink close to two gallons of water per day... When I wake up, I drink about a quart...

I drink water alll day long, except for tea in the morning. I am well hydrated and don't even think about it. I make a trip to the rest room about every 2 hours. It gets me out of my desk and lets me move for a couple of minutes.

My doctor says I need to drink more.

A gallon is too much for most people. For people with kidney disease it's much less. For athletes n roofers n such, is more. About half to 3/4 gallon, or maybe 2+ liters, is great for most people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:387823
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.