Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Trump official: Statue of Liberty poem refers to Europeans

At the time it was written there was no need to denote color or race. Now they're using it to divide even more. Could another civil war be a reality?

IAJO163 8 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Racist administration.....

At that time the world was white and all other races in the country were in servitude. What I don't like is that they're now calling it a poem to diminish it's meaning when at one point it was viewed as an edict.

@IAJO163 Yeah, this administration is leading us down a very different path. I too was bothered by referring to the edict as a poen.

It all reminds me of an old Simpson's episode, where they passed "proposition 24" to deport all illegals. After it passed this little clip at the time was pretty funny, but now it's an actual possibility.

@snytiger6 Sometimes thr religious can be a bit overbearing with their fear and make assumptions and suggestions that are far fetched. I have to bring them back to earth by asking them, "So you think god approves of that?"

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.