Agnostic.com

5 5

Did you order something, then realize you don't need it?

I ordered lamp switch knobs for arthritic fingers this week. My left pointer finger hurt like crazy when I turned lamps on/off. I'm left-handed.

"The arthritis in my fingers gets worse every day, " I thought. From my grandmother, I inherited Heberden's nodes. She knitted and crocheted "to keep my fingers nimble." Thanks, Grandma.

By not eating beef, I partially control the swelling; beef causes inflammation in my fingers.

Last night, I realized I had a splinter in my left pointer finger in the place I use to turn on/off lamps. The area was swollen and painful. With a lighted magnifier, I removed the splinter with a sterilized needle and tweezers.

Hahaha! The Easy Comfort lamp switch knobs will be helpful, anyway.

[amazon.com]{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795260332415&psc=1

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I had chemo 2 1/2 years ago and lost my hair, I went overboard buying hats and headcoverings. I was obsessed with finding things that were comfortable and practical yet still pretty, and so between Amazon, eBay, and Etsy, I wound up with well over a dozen, half of which I never even wore. It was too late to return them, so I just donated them.

Frequently. My current example:
Our "Shark" vacuum cleaner's beater head for floor vacuuming died. So, I IMMEDIATELY ordered a replacement vacuum cleaner. Today, we took apart the old one to see if I could find a broken wire. Nope. So, the detachable canister is still working just fine. And there's a brand new vacuum cleaner sitting next to it. But! If I could have done a simple repair on the old one, we'd then have two perfectly good vacuums.
And we both HATE to clean. We've duplicate stuff all over the house. You're no alone in your consumer frenzy. 😆

I sometimes get the wants for something buy it and never use it

Heck, I have often bought things in a store that were on my list, then driven home opened the cabinet and found I replaced them already last week.

But on the other subject, try leaving out tomatoes too, there is a lot of new evidence that they cause and make a lot worse all sorts of inflammatory ailments, especially arthritis.

@Fernapple

Thank you for the tip about tomatoes. I didn't know that.

Dairy aggregates my joints! Thanks for the tip on light switches.

@GreatNani

Thanks for the tip about dairy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.