Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK The American Aristotle - Aeon

This article made me reconsider Pierce, even though some of it is over my head.

Tomfoolery33 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Peirce per se,

I left out Einstein, Tesla, Hubble and Edison ...

1. Charles Sanders Peirce (September 10, 1839 – April 19, 1914) was an American philosopher, logician, mathematician, and scientist who is sometimes known as "the father of pragmatism".
  2. George Washington Carver (1860s[1][2] – January 5, 1943), was an American agricultural scientist and inventor. He actively promoted alternative crops to cotton and methods to prevent soil depletion.[3]
  3. Alfred North Whitehead (15 February 1861 – 30 December 1947) was an English mathematician and philosopher
  4. Louis Agassiz (May 28, 1807 – December 14, 1873) was a Swiss-American biologist and geologist recognized as an innovative and prodigious scholar of Earth's natural history.
  5. Benjamin Peirce (April 4, 1809 – October 6, 1880) was an American mathematician who taught at Harvard University for approximately 50 years. [Father of Charles Sanders Pierce.
  6. Leo Szilard Leo Szilard (/ˈsɪlɑːrd/; Hungarian: Szilárd Leó [ˈsilaːrd ˈlɛoː]; born Leó Spitz; February 11, 1898 – May 30, 1964) was a Hungarian-German-American physicist and inventor.
  7. Katharine Blodgett (January 10, 1898 – October 12, 1979) was an American physicist and chemist known for her work on surface chemistry, in particular her invention of "invisible" or nonreflective glass while working at General Electric. She was the first woman to be awarded a Ph.D. in physics from the University of Cambridge, in 1926
  8. Gerty Cori (née Radnitz; August 15, 1896 – October 26, 1957[2]) was a Jewish Austro-Hungarian-American biochemist who in 1947 was the third woman—and first American woman—to win a Nobel Prize in science, and the first woman to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for her role in the discovery of glycogen metabolism.
  9. Maria Mitchell (/məˈraɪə/; August 1, 1818 – June 28, 1889) was an American astronomer, who in 1847 by using a telescope, discovered a comet, which as a result became known as "Miss Mitchell's Comet."
  10. Annie Jump Cannon (/ˈkænən/; December 11, 1863 – April 13, 1941) was an American astronomer whose cataloging work was instrumental in the development of contemporary stellar classification.
  11. Norbert Wiener (November 26, 1894 – March 18, 1964) was an American mathematician and philosopher. He was a professor of mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

Mate, you cut out my homework for tonight 10 people I had never even heard of... Actually 11

Shame on me! I had never even heard his name. I open the article … More shame rained down on me! The list of contains 14 names and I could only place 4 of them.
Thank you for sharing!

Me too!!!!

That is a revelation. Thanks for the post.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.