Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Ditch the switch? Call to go on permanent daylight saving time grows

Changing our clocks twice a year can be confusing — and it might also kill us, studies show. Now activists and some lawmakers are trying to do away with the "antiquated practice."

In most of the US, that time of year is fast approaching... time to change the clocks again to end Daylight Savings time. If you have been around me for more than a couple of time changes, you may have noticed that I really loathe it. Always have.And I am not alone.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't know people really had a problem with that. I do find it incovient. It might be a good idea to not fuck with our ⏰ s twice a year.

I have always disliked it, when my kids were little I loathed it because it messed up naptimes. Now I hate it because it messes up my sleep cycles, not to mention the bother of changing clocks.

@HippieChick58 working overnights and going back to afternoons what messes my sleep cycle.

@freedom41 I worked rotating shifts when I was in the Army, luckily I was young and I could deal with it. In the last 10 years I've worked 12 hour day shifts, or 12 hour night shifts, or a modified swing shift. And for the last 4 years just M-F 8 to 5 type of shift. When I was not working I drifted into a midnight to 8 or 9ish sleep cycle. As it is now I'm lucky to sleep more than 5 hours a night.

@HippieChick58 yikes!!!

Was originally done for longer days for farmers

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 18, 2019

It has never bothered me all that much that if it's eliminated that won't bother me either.

Since I spent the greater part of my life without confusing clock changes, I'm all in favour of eliminating clock changes.

I've always hated changing too. I say pick one or the other & stay there! Quit this mucking around with it!!!

I signed a big petition quite some time ago.

I'm annoyed too, as we have to follow the US lead on this & this pees me off.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.