Agnostic.com

3 0

Should the UN impose economic sanctions and smother all existing theocratic governments in the world? like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

• 6 votes
  • 2 votes
Williamcristiano 5 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Should that also include countries with citizenship status based on religion -- like Israel?

good question!
A country that recognizes a citizen's nationality based on religious beliefs is considered a theocratic government, so economic sanctions would fall into place if the country did not comply with secular legislation.
yes Israel would be included, along with the other theocracies around planet earth.

You probably should research what it takes to get citizenship in Israel before you just go deciding that it's just based on religion, since that's wrong

They tried to stop weapons from being sold to Saudi Arabia after the dismemberment of a prominent journalist, but Mr Trump vetoed it. I read the Saudi government has paid millions to Mr Trump to stay at his hotels, that he quoted his fondness for them because of the money they pay. We have a problem, but it isn't a new problem. Saudi Arabia has been getting weapons from the United States since long before Trump. I don't know why people have to be stupid and abuse and kill each other. We get caught in these endless cycles. I'm sure most people don't want to go to war and there has to be alternatives that don't involve mass oppression or starvation.

No, they should not. Those so called theocratic governments will eventually end on their own. People will not stand for it in the long run. Just look at Italy, not many people pay any attention to the Pope.

I hope you are correct and that theocratic governments will cease to exist in the near future.

@Williamcristiano I don't think it will be the "Near" future but it will happen. If you look at the political system in some of the so called democratic countries then you have to wonder how they define democracy there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.