Agnostic.com

6 1

Atheism: Is it a way of being? Or...

Is atheism a way of thinking/being or is it a fetish?

Maya405 7 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's more of a way of being. Exercising you free will to live a fact, reality based life, while holding to the old pagan pledge, "Do what you will and harm none."

It is simply the lack of belief in any deities. I did not choose to become an atheist, it simply happened as a consequence of learning. So, I would say, it is a result of thinking a certain way--namely, thinking that I will not accept as fact those claims that offer me no evidence, and give me no reasonable argument as to why I should accept the claim. And, if no credible evidence can be presented--I will dismiss the claim.

Depends on the person and his or her reason for being an atheist. To me it is simply a part of being a rational and responsible existentialist.

Kind of hard to fetishise mere disbelief, but I'm sure someone has.

Ariel Level 4 Nov 16, 2017

its nothing, its like a child ,a white beautiful page which ruin by religion

I see it as nothing more than a response to someone's God claim. Basically, someone says ,"I think God is real", and then Atheist says, "I don't believe you".

All other things: fetishes, lift styles, world views, etc. are up to the individual. Some Atheists may have a certain way of thinking and acting, but we don't all share it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.