Agnostic.com

4 0

Did any of your university professors bully you in class, give unfair grades, or target you in class?

I would politely contradict my university professors when they gave false information, and prove it. I also calmly asked one professor, after class, not to tell incest jokes about preachers during class, as it was inappropriate.

When he told me to take a different class, then, I said I only had that time slot open, and needed the credits for my masters, but that I could talk to his boss.

Also, I'd take my incorrectly graded tests to them and show them in the text book that I had written the correct answer.
One professor said it wasn't fair of me to correct his facts in class, since I was obviously well read and he'd not had time to study the subject since he was in school.

Both professors angrily asked me why I was taking their courses, since it was obvious I knew more than they did. I pointed out I needed the credits, and besides, as doctors, they were sure to know something I didn't know.

birdingnut 8 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, I guess I was fortunate. I had very supportive teachers throughout school and attended a college that encouraged women to be strong and independent.

I had the same problem throughout 12 years of Catholic school. It was so tragic I wrote a book about it. It was a school for the gifted in Brooklyn in the '50s. I could never stand listening to religiojus nonsense, so I would up with high grades in math and science but Ds in Religion. This caused me to miss getting into the tuituion-free NYC university system. I had to pay off college loans for years. Here's the book. True story. The National Problem in the subtitle is that religious zealots are determining who goes on to higher education and who has to drop out depending on their beliefs. That's why all congresspersons in the US govenment all happen to believe the creation account.

[amazon.com]

To confirm the point, the kid who sat next to me in freshman class went on to become major of NYC and even run for president. He wasn't that bright but told the brothers he wanted to be a brother also. They treated him like a prince.

Teachers at school did because I was dyslexic and my writing is terrible too. but I actually loved english at collage and we were all treated as equals. the teacher was quite eccentric but tought me in one year so much about words and I loved that too.

My university profressors encouraged all students to think for themselves, question everything and challenge them if a student felt the need to do so - precisely as anyone worthy of the title ought to do.

School, meanwhile, was a different matter - I was punished many times for daring to argue whenever I knew a teacher was wrong.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 18, 2018

I was also punished when I attended public school in the US for the first time at nine, when I kept correcting the teacher. I stood up for myself until finally he became afraid of me, and every time he'd say something he'd look at me nervously, and say, "Isn't that right, Picazo?" I'd look up from my library book and nod vaguely.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39090
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.