Agnostic.com

6 0

QUESTION Ahead of the Curve: The Cryptocoin Conspiracy – Part 1 - TheHumanist.com

If the safety, speed, and reliability of cryptocurrency are so overrated, why then are so many people spending so much money to buy it? A big part of the reason is a pure speculative bubble, similar to the “tulip mania” of 1630s Holland. Still, there must be some underlying reason driving people to speculate in cryptocurrency, as opposed to, say, seashells or golf balls.

That reason, simply put: cryptocurrency is good for crime. Cryptocoin ownership is shrouded with military-grade cryptography. Everyone can see that coin X is owned by someone with a certain code, but it’s next to impossible to figure out whose code that is. Most people who buy cryptocoins are speculators, not crooks; but the ultimate “value” that makes them worth speculating in is the value of secrecy for criminals.

Cryptocoin crooks come in all varieties. Tax evaders are always happy to hide what they’re doing. Malware hackers who demand ransoms to unlock businesses’ frozen computer networks are big cryptocoin fans as well. Last year, a New York grand jury indicted a Russian for using cryptocurrency to launder some $4 billion of illicit funds from computer hackers and drug traffickers. Folks from places like North Korea and Iran, which are supposed to be subject to international sanctions, routinely use cryptocoins to evade them. White nationalist Richard Spencer says “Bitcoin is the currency of the alt-right.”

zblaze 7 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know why people are so afraid of the cryptocurrencies, this is definitely the money of the future, or something similar to this will be made, but I am sure that no one will use in 30 years anything else than this. I made a lot of money on this already, and going to make even more in the future, as I invested in some good potential coins which will grow in the future. I also made some crypto exchanges, in order to have some back up for the coins in which I am not sure about.

Seems dead on to me. I don't understand how people can think that this is a good idea. Except if you are wanting to be shady or a speculator.

I've been trying to learn about it , and I feel I have a long way to go yet , to understand it . That said , historically speaking most international currencies were , established by one family , the Rothchilds . Initially , US currency was backed by gold , held in places like Knoxville , Tenn . Later , that was switched to silver . Now US currency is simply a matter of faith in the monitary system . When a country defaults , their money looses value . It used to be , US currency was valid for most international purchases . That is switching to Chinese currency . Crypto currency , supposedly will maintain it's value , because it's an international currency . Countries won't be able to just print more money , to pay off national debts . You won't be losing money in international money exchanges . If , for instance , I fly to England and convert my US dollars to British pounds , I need to pay a fee , for that service . If I have some pounds I wish to convert back to US dollars , again I have to pay a fee for that service . In small amounts , it doesn't mean much . When you are buying or selling commercial amounts of trade goods , it gets very expensive , and attacks your profits .

It's idea was to give people a Democratic currency instead the power structures took it over for their own uses. It's why big banks bought into it and more.

It's idea was to give people a Democratic currency instead the power structures took it over for their own uses. It's why big banks bought into it and more.

I have a few hundred dollars spread out among bitcoin, ether and litecoin.

I've been thinking about investing in some , but last time I checked , my brokerage didn't sell them .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.