Agnostic.com

31 13

Plant-based "meats" - good for the environment, bad for you

He's right.

"John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods, recently told CNBC that while the plant-based meat is better for the environment, and is more ethical than eating animals, it is made from processed ingredients that aren't healthier than actual meat."

"Some of these that are extremely popular now that are taking the world by storm, if you look at the ingredients, they are super, highly processed foods."

"I don't think eating highly processed foods is healthy. I think people thrive on eating whole foods," he added.

For years, I have cooked at home with whole foods. I avoid processed foods. Disgusting.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does it surprise anybody that something made from plant base and is supposedly going to take the place of meat would not be highly processed? In my case I know the exact location of the farms where the meat that I do eat comes from. I'm not big on fish but I had a 71 mercury.😉

I try to follow what grandma taught me. Try to avoid all food with a devil's mark. (bar code, devil's talons). The devils mark can be only on packaged processed no-food-food.

Less processed foods the better ,eat next to nothing in processed meat foods,,so many nitrates etc but pure meat it self ,yes to it but in moderation

What I said before, AND the fact that Whole Foods' commitment to the welfare and humane treatment of animals at their farm sources is a BIG LIE!!! So, I wouldn't even listen to anything the CEO says.

Let's see... Budha, Mohammed, Jesus... they all ate Meat... so who am I to argue with a diety diet?

Piss on those 3, they likely never existed. I simply follow God "fight and eat each other" (a joke). The truth. I follow the evolution. I am trying to nibble on 36 kinds of food just as the caveman did when he crawled out of the cave in the morning. I will happily eat Bambi and his daddy and mommy. The truth is that only psychopath can work on a slaughterhouse. Human species is the cruelest in the universe.

I don't think they were ever designed to be a staple in a diet. I think it was supposed to be for when one was seriously craving meat, but must ethically avoid it. More of a side dish. Was he talking about things like tofurkey, or things like seitan?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:395356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.